The 5th meeting of the ET2020 Working Group on VET (ET2020 VET WG), took place on the 13-14 June 2017 in Brussels, where Santiago Garcia attended on behalf of EfVET. The meeting was focused on three main objectives:
- To receive updates on new developments at EU level and relevant finding from latest research
- To discuss and to further refine the draft final output including the progress model of the Working Group
- To plan upcoming activities of the working group
The ET2020 provided an update on European Level activities in the area of apprenticeships and work-based learning:
- A proposal for a European Framework for Quality and effective apprenticeship on a Council Recommendation for the second half of 2017
- ErasmusPro on mobility of apprentices
- Roadmap of the European Alliance for Apprenticeships (EAfA) for 2017, which includes a CEDEFOP Policy Learning Forum focused on this
- A proposal apprenticeship support services including a knowledge hub, which bring together toolkits, students, guidelines at European level; a network hub, which facilitates network and develops communities of practices; bench-learning activities, which combine elements of expert advice and peer learning and are demand driven
- Success of the EU Vocational Skills Week 2016
- Successful High-level event in Malta on Access to VET
The next ET2020 WG on VET will take place in Brussels on 22 November 2017 and it will be focused on digitilisation.
About the Education Training 2020 Working Group on Vocational and Training
The Education Training 2020 Working Group on Vocational and Training was adopted in May 2009. The European Commission and the Council of the European Union have agreed on common priorities in area of education and training for 2020. ET2020 defines the long-term strategic objectives of EU education and training policies: making lifelong learning and mobility a realty; improving the quality and efficiency of education and training; promoting equity, social cohesion and active citizenship; enhancing creativity and innovation, including entrepreneurship, at all levels of education and training.