The Gender-IT project is a two-year initiative co-funded by the European Union’s Lifelong Learning Programme, under the Leonardo da Vinci Action.
It is implemented by seven partners from Cyprus, Estonia, Greece, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
The Gender-IT project aims to contribute to innovative and attractive VET practices in the ICT sector.
Its specific objective is to build a sustainable multistakeholder network at a European level which will actively foster gender mainstreaming in VET for the ICT sector.
Its operational aims are to:
- Create a comprehensive, virtual resource centre on gender mainstreaming in VET for the ICT sector at European level
- Promote good practices and innovative approaches in VET for the ICT sector regarding gender mainstreaming
- Identify trends of gender mainstreaming in VET for the ICT sector and resulting impacts on VET practice
- Raise awareness, inform and engage stakeholders and women
- Expand the network, exploit its results and set the basis for sustainability
Find out more about the project on the website of Gender-IT http://www.gender-it.eu/