Today, EfVET, EARLALL – European Association of Regional & Local Authorities for Lifelong Learning and European Association for the Education of Adults – EAEA held the second Gender Equality Task Force (GE TF) informal online meeting. The GE TF is a joint initiative implemented by these organisations with the purpose of advocating for EU policies and strategies that support a gender balanced participation in lifelong learning.
The purpose of this meeting was:
1. To present Sylvia Liuti (FORMA.Azione/EfVET National Board representative in Italy) as Honorary Member of the GE TF
2. To present the GE TF Activity Plan for 2023
3. To address the topic ‘Guidance Services’ approach to Gender issues’ in a presentation made by Sylvia Liuti, expert in this area.
Throughout 2023, various topics will be addressed by the GE TF, as suggested by its Members, namely:
1. Gender inequality in accessing to VET
2. Fostering a culture of safe learning spaces aligned with the needs of LGBTQI+ community
3. Participation of men and non-binary persons in tackling Gender issues
4. Gender disparities in career development in VET/ALE
5. Gender Violence
6. LGBTQI+ issues in accessing to VET/HVET and to professional opportunities
The GE TF Team would like to thank the speakers Valentina Chanina and Susana Nogueira (EfVET), Sylvia Liuti (Forma.Azione/EfVET), and Aleksandra Kozyra (EAEA) for taking part in the meeting and contributing to its success.
More news will be provided on the upcoming GE TF activities. In case you wish to become a Member, contact the GE TF Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.