Inclusive REskilling and UPskilling Toward competitive Agrifood and veterinary sector: European agenda Strategy
The Pact for Skill roundtable raised several issues the Agrifood sector is facing and identified potential ways of overcoming them: upskilling and reskilling workers; intersectoral skill transfers; increased attractiveness of the sector to youth; digital transition; partnerships between learning institutions and companies.
The I-RESTART project aims at reskilling and upskilling the workforce in the agrifood and veterinary sectors, retrain the employees leaving the heavy industry to hire them in the agrifood sector, and engage some students that want to enter the agrifood labor market, to improve their digital skills and facilitate the transition to the Green Deal initiative. To reach the above-mentioned objectives, I-RESTART will facilitate the inter-sectoral and intergenerational skills transfers through the adoption of an innovative micro-credentials methodology and the work-based learning experiences that will provide inclusive, flexible and engaging work-based patterns with mentors while opening the ecosystem also to external workers.
The project, complementing the FIELDS Blueprint on agriculture and forestry, will provide the tools to tackle future challenges with the offering of 10 occupational profiles for a total of 3200 hours of training. In total 16 trainers and 200 trainees will benefit from the pilot training, and 40 students will complete the work-based learning scheme that also includes the advanced entrepreneurial skills. The 29 partners consortium from 11 countries will identify skills needed and gaps, create occupational profiles, detailed curricula, design European strategies and 10 country roadmaps to reflect the country’s needs while keeping EU quality standards (ESCO, EQAVET) to address the mobility of learners through Europe. A strong connection will be established with the Pact for Skills initiative, in order to make useful content for the members that will implement the pact.
Project no.: 101055774-EDU-2021-PI-ALL-INNO-BLUEPRINT
- Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy
- Austria: Verein Iseki-food Europaische Gesellschaft Fur Die Integration Der Lebensmittelwissinschaft Und – Technolgie In Die Lebensmittelversorgungskette; Universitaet Hohenheim; Lebensmittelversuchsanstalt
- Belgium: EfVET; COPA – Comité des Organisations Professionnelles Agricole de l’Union Européenne; FoodDrinkEurope Aisbl; EIT Food
- Denmark: Aarhus Universitet
- France: OpenClassrooms; Association Nationale des Industries Alimentaires
- Germany: Aceeu Gmbh
- Greece: Akmi Katartisi Ekpaideysi Anonymi Etaireia; Syndesmos Ellinikon Viomichanion Trofimon Somateio
- Italy: Confederazione Generale dell’Agricoltura Italiana; Università degli Studi Di Teramo; Infor Elea; Federazione Italiana dell’Industria Alimentare
- Netherlands: Wageningen University; Stichting Aeres Groep; European Board Of Veterinary Specialisation; Vereniging Centre de Liaison des Industries Transformatrices de Viandes de l’UE
- Portugal: Confederacão Nacional das Cooperativas Agricolas e do Credito Agricola de Portugal Ccrl
- Slovenia: Gospodarska Zbornica Slovenije
- Spain: Universidad de Murcia; Asociación Empresarial de Investigación Centro Tecnologico Nacional Agroalimentario Extremadura; Federación Española de Industrias de la Alimentación y Bebidas; ANECA – Agencia Nacional de Evaluación de la Calidad y Acreditación; Cooperativas Agro-alimentarias de España
Start: 01/09/2022 – End: 31/08/2026