Smooth Hybrid and Online Working for VET
VET providers have faced a big challenge due to COVID-19. The need to provide online and distance learning possibilities at VET institutions has increased, but at the same time all teachers do not have the competence and skills to deliver quality online lessons. Teachers need training and new tools and especially peer network of trained mentors to support the work.
The aim of Smooth Hybrid and Online Working for VET-project is to increase teachers’ competence on implementation of blended and distance teaching. The situation analysis survey of teachers’ digital skills will be designed and conducted at the beginning of the project. Based on the survey results and the needs, a guide for teachers will be developed in the partner network. This guide serves as a basis for creating training material for teachers. Afterwards an impact survey will be carried out.
The SHOW-VET project aims to:
- Improve and increase know-how on e-learning among teachers and trainers
- Increase teachers’ knowledge on implementation of blended and distance teaching
- Improve digital skills and competences
- Produce a Smooth Online Guide for teachers with pedagogical methods
- Make teachers’ training material
- Train mentors and teachers
- Produce new e-learning materials
As an outcome of this project VET providers will have a new model and tools for the implementation of teachers’ digital training process including the tools for needs analysis and impact analysis.
- VET providers
- Other stakeholders, such as companies
New training material and the impact survey will be piloted during the mentor teachers’ training. These trained mentors will then train other teachers locally. Teachers will work in both local and international teams and produce new e-learning material for their own study fields. Teacher participants will answer to the impact survey before and after the training. The improvement of teachers’ digital skills will be evaluated by analyzing the results of the survey. As a final project result, a model for smooth online working for VET providers will be established.
Call: KA220-VET – Cooperation partnerships in vocational education and training
Project no.: 2021-1-FI01-KA220-VET-000025717
- Seinäjoen koulutuskuntayhtymä (Finland)
- Stichting voor Christelijk beroepsonderwijs en volwassen educatie Friesland/Frevoland (Netherlands)
- Apro Formazione S.c.a.r.l. (Italy)
- Department d’educació – Generalitat de Catalunya (Spain)
- Keski-Pohjanmaan koulutusyhtymä (Finland)
- Jyväskylän ammattikorkeakoulu (Finland)
- EfVET (Belgium)
Start: 01/02/2022 – End: 01/02/2024