Pact for Tourism Skills – Towards a greener and a more digital Tourism Era
Tourism is one the largest and fastest growing sectors of the global economy. This sector plays an important role in the EU because of its economic and employment potential, as well as its social and environmental implications.1 According to the most recent Eurostat’s data “The tourism industries employ over 13 million people in the EU”, while “The tourism industries account for 21% of people employed in the services sector”. Another important fact is the popularity of tourism jobs among young people. Eurostat’s statistics indicate that “In 2017, 13 % of people employed in the tourism industries were young workers (15-24)”3. It is undeniable that Europe is the leading continent in tourism at a global level, as well as, one of the most important employment providers in the EU.
TOURing project, we will explore the possible synergies between diverse Tourism Stakeholders and VET Providers, with the aim to support Tourism micro & SMEs to adopt sustainable and digital approaches in tourism planning and operation. Some key tourism sub-sectors of this project will be: Tour Operators, Transportation & Route Planners , Travel Agents, Ticket Agents, Food & Beverage Services, Destination Management, Visitors Attractions & Entertainment, Ecotourism Rural Tourism, Local small retailers, local providers of accommodation.
TOURing aims at reshaping the Tourism micro & SMEs by upskilling them over the green and digital skillsets in order to build a tourism sector of tomorrow that is economically, digitally and environmentally viable in the long-term through the implementation of more sustainable and digital models within Tourism micro & SMEs in the post-covid environment”
TOURing is a project that has a direct link to the scope of the call , since it (a) fosters innovation focusing its activities in Tourism micro & SMEs and in particular in sub-sectors related to “sustainable tourism”, as well as, by promoting sustainable and digital tourism business models. Innovations could be identified in various project activities, such as the Alignment of findings with the DigiComp2 and GreenComp the Self-Assessment Tool for the identification of skills gap at micro & SMEs level (companies and employees) , the Funding Toolkit.
The expected results are:
- 2 New and state-of-the-art Training Programmes;
- 150 employees/VET learners trained;
- 30 tourism companies participated in the project activities;
- Improve transnational cooperation between national tourism companies for the integration of digital and green strategies;
• Creation of a bridge of communication and cooperation between the VET providers and the tourism sector.
Project no.: 101087478 ERASMUS-EDU-2022-PI-FORWARD
AKMI ANONIMI EKPAIDEFTIKI ETAIRIA, Greece
- BK CONSULT GMBH
- INSTITOUTO MIKRON EPICHIRISEON GENIKIS SYNOMOSPONDIA S EPAGGELMATION BIOTECHNON EMPORON ELLADOS
- LEARNINGDIGITAL SPL
- REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND OF ATTICA
- ENAIP VENETO IMPRESA SOCIALE
- INSIGNARE – ASSOCIACAO DE ENSINO E FORMACAO
- GENIKI SINOMOSPONDIA PAGKIPRION ORGANOSEON BIOTEXNON EPAGELMATION KATASTIMATARX ON
- APRO FORMAZIONE SOCIETA CONSORTILEA RESONSABILITA 35 LIMITATA
Start: 03/01/2023 – End: 02/01/2025
Website – tbc
Social Media Channels