Mission & Vision
What EfVET is
EfVET – the European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training – was founded in 1991 following the recognition that Vocational Education and Training Institutions did not have a voice in Europe. VET institutions were, at the time, facing challenges to gain recognition as a key educational pathway for many young people. The Academic/Vocational divide was considerable and vulnerable young people and even adults were significantly disengaged as a result. It was time to build a network of practitioner VET institutions to secure a voice across Europe in both the policy arena and also to share and establish good practises in the delivery of VET learning.
Conceived and initially based in the Netherlands, after a slow beginning, EfVET became a reality with increased number of Members, recognising the potential and role it could play in Europe becoming an active voice for VET Providers and act as a conduit for sharing good practices across the VET sector in Europe.
Currently, EfVET is based in Brussels and represents over 1500 VET Institutions in Europe reaching out to approximately 600 000 learners and 50 000 VET professionals, with links to the global state of Technical and Vocational Education and Training.
EfVET sits on a number of key working groups and coordinating bodies across the European Commission´s policy domain and also advises CEDEFOP working groups- The European Alliance for Apprenticeships and PACT for youth having also participated in the 3 working groups set up under the Framework of CEDEFOP Community of Learning Providers.
EfVET mission is to enhance VET provision across all members through an active networking of all the key actors. To create the capacity to influence policy at European and National level.
EfVET aspires to become a leading contributor to the enhancement of VET in Europe. Read the results of the work done with the EfVET “Strategic Plan 2022-2026. Continuity and Change” during the Annual General Meeting 2021. The previous reference documents are the followings:
– “Strategic Plan 2019-2021. Work hard. Dream Big”
- to facilitate networking and partnership
- to stimulate the creation of co-operative projects and thematic networks
- to enable widescale promotion and dissemination of innovative measures and transnational projects
- to provide technical support and advice to its members and help them access E.C. programmes
- to act as an agent for collaborative projects with TVET (technical and vocational education and training) organisations in outside Europe
- to represent the views of its members’ issues in the European public forum and provide a platform for the European Commission and others to consult