The Pove Water Scale-up team in Riga
The Pove Water Scale-up partners were wrapping up our visit to The Centre of Vocational Excellence Water Baltics. The meeting was organised by Latvian partners and 23 organisations and from 8 different countries got together in Riga, Latvia to get to know how Universities, Vocational Institutions, Regional Authorities and Water Industry Companies & Institutions work together to make sure the Water Industry has the skilled workers that this sector so desperately needs. Within three days, it iwas planned to get a clear vision for the next 6 months’ work and share what has already been completed within the framework of the project.
During the meeting our aims of the meeting:
– Get know the innovation ecosystems of COVE Water Baltics and the regional partners involved.
– Strengthening the Pove Water partnership and countries to build a strong team.
– Receive and update on the status of the project and have a clear vision of the activities to undertake in the next 6 months.
Share experiences and gain input for the different work packages:
– What has been done so far and what activities lie ahead?
– How can we support each other in these activities?
– What CoVE Water Baltics examples can feed into the different work packages?
Water sector professions are on the move and so should Vocational Education for this sector be. And that is exactly where we are making major steps in Platform of Vocational Excellence Water. Putting al partners in their strength and applying and employing their knowledge and expertise when developing new curricula, we now arrived at the point to make the transition to Virtual Learning materials. Guido Helmerhorst from Warp VR took us on a journey to show what possibilities Virtual Learning could bring water related vocational education. We made our first scenarions to practise which was instructive and fun at the same time. Looking forward to filming the first couple of Virtual Reality learning experiences!
In additional Pove Water partners had the opportunity to hiking in Zvãrtes Rock, visited the Vidzeme Technolology and Design Vocational School, Riga Technical University and Olaine college of Technology. All the team of CoVE Water Baltics for this great experience!